Update on thequality.com's current projects and insight into film, TV, and new media issues.
thequality.com is seeking additional partnerships and clients to further the development of online filmic content. http://thequality.com/about
* thequality.com in partnership with Reelthing Animation http://www.reelthing.org/ is producing a short form online cartoon (working title: horses for courses) showcasing the process of constructing interactive 3D content. The workspace includes an overview of streaming 3D technology and all production materials http://thequality.com/horsesforcourses
* Conceptual and high level architecture design has been completed for bibliography.com http://www.bibliography.com. thequality.com is now defining the functional specification and is planning the implementation of the phase one site.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
The Emperor's New Broadband
"We're waiting for broadband" was a phrase often heard in 2000. Here at thequality.com we can't wait for fatter pipes either, but we're not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Producers who view broadband as a panacea, dismissing narrowband content, do so at their peril. Here are the reasons why...
1. Text is here to stay
2. Content must be meaningful
3. Content is easily mis-managed
5. The audience will participate Prediction: telcos will be forced to dramatically increase the amount of up-stream (user to network) bandwidth in response to a new generation of applications that encourage streaming and uploading from end users. For reasons of cost, communication, and conscience, innovative broadband content will be defined and produced by the audience.
6. Broadband is relative Ultimately the reason why disregarding narrowband is dangerous is that broadband, as a term, can only be relative. Think of the bandwidth available five years ago... imagine what's coming... and how quickly it will all be used up. The artistry and experience that goes into crafting a narrowband experience remains as invaluable as ever.
thequality.com is an interactive agency specialising in bridging the
creative / technical divide and producing cross-cultural new media. The
company was founded in Sydney in 1993 and moved to London in 1998.
Please advise if you require this newsletter delivered in another language.